The ACPT programme is supported by a two day workshop, held at NICPLD, Riddel Hall, Belfast.
To enable participants to become accredited checking technicians. This programme conforms to the National Checking Programme.
Intended learning outcomes
Having completed this workshop you should be able to:
- describe the legal requirements for dispensing of medicines and medicinal products
- discuss the legal and ethical implications of technician checking
- recognise the consequences and implications of dispensing/checking errors and the role of SOPs in minimising the incidence of such errors
- recognise the necessity of referring to colleagues in the final accuracy check
- perform the final accuracy check for dispensed items, previously clinically screened/approved by a pharmacist and annotated according to local procedure.
For dates relating to the next ACPT workshop, please log into the website and check under Courses >> Technician courses.
Educational supervisors to pharmacy technicians undertaking the ACPT programme, are required to attend a half-day workshop. Educational supervisors must apply online to attend this workshop.