The aim of this recorded lecture is to enable you to provide appropriate advice in relation to the prevention of skin cancer.
At this end of this recorded lecture, you will be able to:
- appreciate the benefits of exposure to the sun
- describe how UV exposure can damage skin and the range of conditions that can result from overexposure
- encourage individuals to assess their own level of risk to the effects of UV exposure
- raise awareness of the importance of early detection of skin cancer and self examination
- appreciate the treatment pathways for skin cancers
- actively promote strategies to help protect the skin against UV damage.