The PIP accredited checking programme is supported by a workshop, facilitated by NICPLD.
To enable participants to become accredited pre-and in-process aseptic checking technicians in line with the National Checking Programme.
Intended learning outcomes
Having completed this workshop you should be able to:
- describe the legal implications of pre-and in-process checking in technical services
- develop a robust checking method for use within the workplace
- identify factors that contribute to errors and suggest and implement methods to overcome these
- work within the boundaries of your competence and make appropriate referrals
- demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills
- undertake pre-and in-process checks within the specified local parameters.
For dates relating to the next PIP programme, please log onto the website and check under Courses>> Technician courses. Pharmacy technicians must apply online to register for the PIP workshop.