Hours of learning: 5.5
Mr Mark Overell, Pharmacist and IT Consultant.
To outline the obligations and responsibilities of pharmacy professionals in relation to the practice of pharmacy within Northern Ireland.
Intended learning outcomes
Having completed this workshop you should be able to:
- appreciate the professional and contractual environment of community pharmacy
- understand the reimbursement and remuneration systems for prescription medicines and services and claim appropriately
- recognise the role pharmacists play in the prevention and detection of fraud against health and social care
- report medication incident and develop a learning culture among all pharmacy staff in relation to such incidents
- outline the role and functions of the Medicines Regulatory Group, DHSSPS
- promote accurate record keeping to support best practice.
Representatives from the following organisations will be involved in tutoring this workshop:
- Health and Social Care Board
- Business Services Organistaion
- Medicines Regulatory Group, DHSSPS.