Hours of learning: 5.5
Dr Terry Maguire, Community Pharmacist, Belfast.
To highlight the health promotion role of the pharmacist in relation to male health.
Intended learning outcomes
Having completed this workshop you will be able to:
- understand factors which influence men's attitudes to health
- discuss the prevalence of conditions which are commonly seen in male patients
- appreciate the health implications of obesity, smoking and excessive alcohol intake within the male population
- assess male cardiovascular risk factors
- review the cancers that are responsible for a significant number of male deaths ie. testicular, colorectal and prostate cancers
- identify strategies to effectively target at risk individuals.
For all pharmacists who wish to enhance the services they provide regarding the provision of health promotion messges to male patients.