Hours of learning: 5.5
To enable pre-registration students to deal with minor and deteriorating conditions and to use emergency life support techniques where appropriate.
Intended learning outcomes
Having completed this workshop you should be able to:
- manage the first aid scene and decide on first aid priorities
- treat minor bleeding and minor burns
- deal with bites, stings, sprains and strains
- treat a choking casualty
- manage a casualty with severe bleeding or chest pain
- use emergency life support techniques (CPR) for adult resuscitation.